What to do To Do When You’re Bored – 100 Things!
Even the most uplifting people can get bored sometimes. And when this is the case, then we have to ask the question – what to do when you’re bored?
Being bored and being lazy are two things that are both different and similar at the same time. One leads to another, and the other way as well. But both boredom and laziness fuel our ability to procrastinate and lie in bed all day.
So, this means that you should always try and overcome boredom. But how? Well, the obvious answer would be to get up and do stuff.
Luckily, there are tons of stuff to do to beat the boredom, and all it takes is simply looking for it. But, seeing as we tend to be quite busy all the time, we have compiled a list of 100 things to do when you’re bored.
We will be dividing things into different categories so that everyone can enjoy this article. Without further ado, let’s start.
Table of Contents
Our List of What to do When You’re Bored
Being bored has nothing to do with what type of person we are, but more with how lazy we can be. Laziness stems directly from our inability to raise our energy levels. So, we end up lying in bed all day without any motivation to get up and do something. Luckily for you, here are 15 fun activities that will help you cope with it.
- Go on a mountain bike ride
- Polish up your dating profiles and meet new people
- Adopt a pet
- Order takeout
- Learn the vegan lifestyle
- Get together with a friend
- Fix your finances
- Create a family tree
- Learn a new dance
- Learn how to do origami
- Create a “to-do” list and start doing it
- Play “Just Dance” on the Wii
- Write a poem
- Head to the mall
- Try to lick your elbow
When You’re Bored at Home – Happens to Everyone
The question of what to do when you’re bored at home is quite possibly the most annoying thing ever. Not only are we stuck between four walls, but the bedroom is the most appealing place in the entire house. So, if you want to get up and do stuff, maybe try one of these.
- Bake a cake
- Clean the house
- Do a DIY project
- Make cocktails
- Learn to say boring in Spanish
- Rearrange your wardrobe
- Set up a home gym and start exercising
- Invite your neighbor over for coffee
- Play the lottery
- Learn to play pool, plenty of cheap pool tables out there
- Watch the James Bond movies (all of them)
- Clean the basement
- Listen to a new album
- Water the plants
- Do yoga
When You’re Bored at Night – The Worst
If being bored at home was terrible, wait until you see how dreadful it can be at night. Sometimes we don’t want to go out or see our friends, but rather enjoy the comfort of our home. However, we have to make sure that this doesn’t turn into a nasty habit of self-isolation.
But other times our friends simply don’t want to go out, and that can be quite boring. So, here are 15 things to do at night that will help you cope with the boredom.
- Print pictures of your friends and host an imaginary dinner date
- Start a journal
- Catch up on your favorite book
- Sip a glass of wine or whiskey
- Clean your bedroom
- Meditate before bed
- Watch the night sky
- Streat the Northern Lights
- Buy some clay and learn sculpting
- Invite your friends over and play board games
- Solve a puzzle game
- Get in touch with family members
- Make a delicious pepperoni pizza
- Watch these movies to cure boredom
- Take a nice bath
When You’re Bored Online – Lots of Options!
The online world is probably the best when it comes to keeping us entertained. But sometimes we waste the entire day browsing Facebook and Instagram. This is a clear sign of boredom and luckily for you, here are 15 things to do while bored online.
- Play online Pictionary with your friends
- Look for destinations and plan your next vacations
- Take an online marketing class
- Play multiplayer video games
- Listen to a podcast
- Stream a Netflix show
- Watch music videos
- Take an online writing class
- Go online shopping
- Go on Google Maps and find all the lakes in Norway ( there are nearly half a million of them!)
- Stream Honeyland on Hulu
- Play games online (big list)
- Explore the best chat rooms online
- Watch free documentaries
- Try to beat the Akinator; it’s really hard
Things to do When Bored For Guys
Now, let’s look at some things to do if you’re a guy. Guys don’t have it easy at all. Being a guy and being bored is a recipe for a disastrous day. However, there is a way to cope with boredom, and that’s why we have a list of the best activities to do so.
- Go fishing
- Grab a beer with your buddy
- Head the highway
- Try rock climbing
- Wash the car
- Watch the Lakers
- Try surfing
- Look for a change of hairstyles
- Hit the golf court
- Play Call of Duty with the guys
- Watch the most iconic MLB World Series Wins
- Master your barbecue skills
- Start supporting a soccer team from the Premier League
- Get into Bitcoin
- Find a new hobby
For When the Kids Get Bored
And finally, who could forget the kids? Kids are quite energetic meaning they rarely get bored. Kids look at the world through a lens that doesn’t allow them to experience it. But once they grow a bit, then things can get messy. If your kids happened to be bored, then here are 15 things you could try.
- Play sports together
- Go on a bike ride together
- Draw things you see in the room
- Play hide-and-seek
- Call friends over for a play date
- Create an obstacle course
- Piece together the Lego Millennium Falcon
- Watch cartoons
- Go on a treasure hunt
- Make a treehouse
- Arts & Crafts
- Paint rocks
- Play video games
- Write a letter to grandpa and grandma
- Do a puzzle
Closing Thoughts on What to do if You Are Bored
There are tons of ways to beat the boredom. All that it takes is the determination to find the right activity for you but it’s worth it. Boredom is the bottom, once you start finding interest in anything, it leads to other things.
Next thing you know, you’re back on track and a long way from saying to yourself “I am bored” – trust us!